Copyright 1996-2012 Wound Care Institute, Inc.
The purpose of this WWW site is to enable nurses, physical therapists, physicians and students to share a useful teaching tool.
The authors have taken care to make certain that the information presented is consistent with the standards generally accepted at the time of publication. However, the authors and institutions disclaim any liability, loss, injury, or damage incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, or the use and application of any of the contents of this resource.
Medical conditions should be evaluated and treated by licensed practitioners.
No treatment, product or protocol discussed is put forth as the sole treatment indicated for any condition. The patient’s medical history, past treatments, allergies, current medications, current diagnosis and desires must all be taken into account.
THE WOUNDCARE INSTITUTE, INC.
Please read the following disclaimer regarding the information, services, products, and/or messages located within the Woundcare Institute’s Home Page, Web Site and Online Newsletters.
- The Woundcare Institute, Inc., their respective agents, employees and representatives, individually and collectively, make no representations with respect to the contents hereof and specifically disclaim any other warranties, including but not limited to implied or express warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular usage, application or purpose.
- The material provided on the Woundcare Institute, Inc.’s Home Page, Web Site, and Newsletters are designed for educational and entertainment purposes only.
- The information on the Woundcare Institute, Inc.’s Home Page, Web Site, and Newsletters is provided with the understanding that the Woundcare Institute is not engaged in rendering medical advice or recommendation. You should not rely on any information in text files, messages, or articles on this page to replace consultations with qualified health care professionals to meet your individual medical needs.
- Materials copyrighted by the Woundcare Institute, Inc. are for personal use only. Permission to otherwise reprint or electronically reproduce any document in part or in its entirety is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the Woundcare Institute.
- The compilation of information on the Woundcare Institute, Inc.’s Home Page, Web Site, and Newsletters , including the design and organization is copyrighted and may not be reprinted nor electronically reproduced.
- Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the Woundcare Institute is for personal use only. Permission to otherwise reprint or electronically reproduce any document in part or in its entirety is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the owner.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the Woundcare Institute does not own or control, or to people that the Woundcare Institute does not employ or manage. In addition, this policy does not apply to any information that is subject to public view upon the Chatterbox.
Information Collection and Use
- The Woundcare Institute through an agreement with hitbox.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, e-mail address, cookie information and the page you requested. The Woundcare Institute does not own or control hitbox.com.
- The Woundcare Institute uses information for the primary purpose of customizing the content you see and advertising.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The Woundcare Institute has previously sold and/or rented personally identifiable information to other non-profit organizations, other health related organizations.
- The Woundcare Institute will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of The Woundcare Institute to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We believe it is in the best interest of the Woundcare Institute, Inc.;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- In some cases the Woundcare Institute, Inc. may use your information to forward information on behalf of other companies. In these cases your information has not been disclosed to the third party.
- The Woundcare Institute, Inc. may set and access cookies on your computer.
- The Woundcare Institute, Inc. allows other companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
- The Woundcare Institute, Inc. may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting an announcement on our pages.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions please send an e-mail to email@example.com, Attention Dr Tamara Fishman.